Unrestricted grantmaking guidelines for Foothills Community Foundation
Foothills Community Foundation welcomes 501(C)(3) non-profit organizations in Anderson, Oconee and Pickens Counties to partner with the Foundation in meeting its mission and to apply for assistance through unrestricted foundation grants when appropriate. A limited number of these grants are made each year. The non-profit organization should be located within our three-county service area of Anderson, Oconee and Pickens Counties of South Carolina and primarily serve residents of those counties.
Grant requests are typically reviewed by Foundation staff and submitted to the Grants Review Committee twice each year. Recommendations are then forwarded to the full Board for consideration.
Please note that we do not currently have an online grant application. Brief proposals along with appropriate supporting documents can be sent electronically ([email protected]) or mailed to the Foundation (P. O. Box 1228, Anderson SC 29622). If you are applying for an unrestricted grant for a non-profit organization, be sure that the request falls within the Foundation guidelines, which are as follows:
- A one-time grant, especially for a pilot project which can serve as a model or be replicated
- A project which cannot be accomplished with existing sources of support
- Foundation support is vital or serves as a catalyst and it is not likely that the project can go forward without this assistance.
- The project or program promotes volunteer involvement.
- The organization can demonstrate the ability to sustain the project in the future when the grant dollars end.
- The organization request is a collaboration with other non-profit organizations in the community and will eliminate duplication of services.
- The grant is likely to make a clear difference in the quality of life for a substantial number of people.
- The organization is proposing a practical approach to a solution of a current community problem or opportunity.
- The project or program is focusing on prevention.
- A grant from the Foundation will generate matching funds, thus leveraging additional support.
Unrestricted grants are not made directly to individuals – only to approved 501C3 organizations in our service area. Should you have questions about this process or if you would like to review your proposal with Foundation staff please contact our office at 864-222-9096.